Pages - Menu

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Beat the Heat: Max's Halo Halo Special

Summer months again and how to beat the summer heat? well for me its indulging to a cool bowl of halo halo. 

I dropped by Max's Restaurant for a change (I'm satisfied with halo halo from our neighbor but my craving was soo intense haha)

So I ended up ordering a special :) 




Max's Special Halo Halo -- 109php

Its good for 1-2  persons especially if you will have this as your dessert. By the way, I only had siomai for lunch. 

So what's inside? ALOT!!! starting from pinipig (my favorite), leche flan, red beans, white beans, kaong, gulaman, sago, garbansos, langka, up to a slice of ube and ube ice cream. Not to forget the macapuno balls that you can see on the picture that makes it different from the other halo halo recipes out there. For me its one of the best halo halo I ever tried. 

I don't compare it to Razon's since the recipe is different. I love Razon's creamy and snow - like halo halo, but my taste buds are looking for ube and other ingredients the usual halo halo got. 

So how to beat summer heat? well grab yourself your own bowl of shaved ice specialty. It may be halo halo or just a simple snow cone (or ice candy) that you can enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment