Pages - Menu

Friday, July 25, 2014

Elegant Afternoon: 1837 TWG Tea Salon and Boutique Shangri-La Plaza

After our lunch in Kimukatsu (see my review here) last Thursday, my food buddy and I decided to grab our desserts in TWG. Since we had a late lunch - blame it to traffic, we were just in time to get some tea and pastries.

TWG or The Wellness Group is a Singaporean - based luxury tea established in 2008.

It was my third visit to TWG and my second time to visit their branch in Shangri la. I'm always amazed with their glass walls and gold interiors, so with the porcelain tea pots they display on the counters.

Here's a photo from my favorite blogger, Rowena Lei of Animetric's World. Just click here for her blog


Photo credits from Animetric's World 

Tony, my food buddy told me that the place reminded him of Disneyland (I visited TWG more than once but never thought about it) He said it was the music and the "feel" of the place made him thought of Disney. Maybe he is referring to Princess Belle and Beast drinking tea from Mrs. Potts (hmm not bad).

Here are some of my photos of TWG last December 2013. They introduced Magic Christmas Tea during that time together with its tea - infused macaron.








The place was glamorous. I feel like I'm in a different place every time I visit.


They are selling those porcelain pots that you can see in the picture. Price Ranges from 7K - 25K depending on the size, style and capacity. 

We ordered my favorite Silvermoon Tea (195php/pot) -- Green tea blend with red woodland berries and grand vanilla bouquet. It has a fruity taste and it cleanses the palate, a great tea after our lunch from Kimukatsu.




Aside from the tea, we included some muffins and macarons



We got blueberry and chocolate muffin (150php). I always order their blueberry muffin but both muffins were too crumbly and a lil bit dry. Good thing the tea jelly was stellar, it gave the muffin its saving grace.

On the other hand, the macarons were the best! we ordered (from left to right) Vanilla Bourbon Tea and Kaya, Grand Wedding Tea, Passion Fruit and Coconut and Earl grey fortune and Chocolate (55php/each). For me all are two thumbs up. Fillings are smooth and the macaron shells are not dry unlike other macarons that I tasted from other shops. Taste of each macaron was distinct most especially the chocolate macaron which Tony loved a lot.

It was a wonderful experience.Not bad to have luxury once in a while over a great cup of tea. We decided not to interrupt any of their staff and since I got a great photographer with me, he decided to take my picture alone (little he knew that I took a photo of him as well -- wicked haha)




Been discussing things about Masterchef AU Season 6 with this guy. I also encouraged him to audition to Asian Food Channel's Food Hero since last submission of entries was extended until July 31,2014. I know I'm a little bit pushy to encourage him to join haha -- well its just a moral support from a friend. All I got from him was just a smile and a response "hindi ako artistahin" nyahaha. I still don't buy his reasons -_-




I know I'm getting off topic here, but incase you got a friend, a family member or even yourself who loves to cook, share your talents to people, wanna be seen on TV and loves to travel, AFC's still open for auditions for their next Celebrity Chef.

See the details by clicking here




Going back, if you want to know TWG's WIDE range (yes its wide! They got a whole book for it haha) you can visit their website here or aside from the first blog that I posted you can also check my blogging hero at ourawesomeplanet.com. -- I'm a fan of his site.

So have a cup of tea with your family, friend or someone special. TWG is simply a haven of tea that you must not miss.

TWG Tea Salon and Boutique: 
Address: Mid-level 2/3, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, East Wing Expansion, Mandaluyong City
Website: http://www.twgtea.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TWGTeaPhilippines

No comments:

Post a Comment