Pages - Menu

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Chez Karine: new haven of indulgence

I almost forgot that I got a food blog. Its been almost more than 2 months since my last post. Got busy baking lately and I dont have time to complete my entry.

But dont worry, I'll share to you some of my food journey for the past two months that I'm offline from my blog.

Let's start changing stressed to DESSERTS!

My sugar loving friend Mean and I decided to de-stress from work so I recommended to have a tea time (merienda) in Chez Karine. Located at the new fashion mall in SM Megamall, this sweet haven became my favorite. 




Its located in front of Tim Ho Wan, so if you like to get some desserts after a sumptuous lunch or dinner, this is the place to be.

We ordered some of their famous French macarons (55php) regular and (60php) for specials such as smores and butter popcorn as shown in the picture



the place isn't cozy like you expect from coffee shops (with dim lights and easy listening music -- haha) but its a nice spot to have a coffee or tea with friends. 

So with the macarons: 


from top to lower right: Smores (my fave) Strawberry, Black Sesame, Dark Chocolate and Chocolate Mint. I'm a great fan of smores since I love eating marshmallows. My friend Mean preferred the chocolate mint cause the taste of mint and chocolate were balanced -- and I totally agree to that! 

Aside from macarons they also got puddings. What I like most about their puddings is they place it inside a cute little bottle with a small spoon to scoop it out. 




I bought this for my sister. She loves blueberry cheesecake but I just made a boo boo... I forgot the spoon! just realized that when I got home and open the bag for her haha. She still loved it even its kinda hard to scoop it out. I was thinking how they placed the cheesecake inside, then later I learned that those small jars are heatproof -- got that info from All About Baking (they also sell those cutie cute jars)

We didn't stay there for long cause we're avoiding the traffic in Edsa but at least for a short span of time, we gave in to our cravings. Something I love to do once in a while.

They got their social media accounts in case you're curious about their store . Please don't forget to visit their site at chezkarine.com to see other products that they offer 

 No wonder its the reverse of stressed, cause nothing beats a good dessert.  

No comments:

Post a Comment