Pages - Menu

Sunday, February 15, 2015

A taste of Sicily - Cantina Sicilianita

Suddenly its magic! 


I thought I'll spend another Valentine's day inside the house - well I treat Vday as a normal day cause I don't have someone special to spend it with. But yesterday was different. Went out with my food buddy for some Italian experience. 


We both craved for cannoli and one of the spots that has it is at Cantina Sicilianita. Its a small resto located at Facilities Centre Building, 548 Shaw Boulevard, Highway hills, Mandaluyong. 

The ambiance was nice so was the food. I made reservations as suggested by Zomato since its the weekend and cmon it was Valentine's yesterday. Good thing we arrived at 3pm - siesta time so we are the only customers that time.

We ordered Arancini (Italian Rice with Meat Sauce) -- 180php 


Crunchy, flavorful risotto balls with pancetta ragu. We shared this antipasti and I can say its the best! its really yummy that we ate it slowly just to enjoy the taste. 

He ordered: Gambaretti Fra Diavolo (Spicy Shrimp Linguine) -- 210php
He said that it was really delicious. I tasted it and yes, it has that kick of chili. Love the taste of fresh tomatoes and shrimps.  


For my dish, Vongole con Pomodorini (Clams with Cherry Tomatoes) -- 170php
For me it was a humble dish. Good thing they used short neck clams which made it yummy. It was light and creamy and what made me satisfied was the pasta. It was cooked perfectly.


We won't end our early dinner (well I dunno what you call it if its 3pm lol) without the dessert. Of course we ordered their famous Cannoli Siciliani -- 170php for 2pcs 


This is the first time we ate cannoli. It was creamy and the shells are tasty and still crunchy. It was good to end up the meal. 

We also ordered Chardonnay -- 150php / glass to complement our pasta dishes. 

So it was my first Valentine's day to have someone to dine with (aside from my sister) I'm so grateful to my food buddy that he keep me company on heart's day. I'm also thankful that he manage to take pictures for my blog. 

If you want to taste a part of Sicily, make your reservations to Cantina Sicilianita they are open from Monday - Saturday from 10am - 9 pm

For reservations you can call them at 02 5702905 or 0999 490072

No comments:

Post a Comment