Pages - Menu

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Hello Summer -- Cara Mia Geleteria

My favorite gelato shop just welcomed summer with a Buy One Take One promo. Cara Mia Gelateria just released 4 new flavors to choose from: Turtle Pie, Chunky Monkey, Mango Cream Pie and Apple Pie.

The promo is good only from April 11-12 (Sat -Sun) and for single scoop purchases only. You just need to buy one new flavor and the classic flavor is for free.

photo courtesy of caramia.ph


I can't decide which flavor to choose. The 4 new flavors are so tempting but I went out alone so I got no one to share with. 

I just ordered Turtle Pie -- Chocolate, Caramel and roasted pecans and Strawberry Supreme 

Other choices were Apple pie -- Granny Smith Apple Gelato, cinnamon and graham pie crust
Chunky Monkey -- Banana Gelato, chocolate and nuts and 
Mango Cream Pie -- Mango Gelato with fresh mango chunks and shortbread pie crust




Got curious with the Chunky Monkey when I first saw it a day before the promo. It has the same name with my favorite Ben and Jerry's flavor so I decided to buy it last Friday. It was more on the banana taste and I enjoyed the crunchiness of the nuts. However, I still prefer the latter -- I can't compare the two cause Cara Mia offers gelato and Ben and Jerry's is great with ice cream. 

Got my cups and I felt a little sad that thinking I'm alone yesterday and don't have someone to share with the other scoop. I thought they will all place it on the same cup but I was wrong...



I should have called Mr. Cheezecke (my best food buddy) to join me but we both got busy schedules. Anyhow, the gelato removed my sorrow cause it tasted awesome! the chocolate flavor is so deep that chocoholics will get addicted to this. The strawberry has a yogurty flavor and I loved it cause it mellows down the strong chocolate taste from the turtle pie.


It was not a bad afternoon at all. At least I was able to beat the summer heat before going home from work. So better go to one of their branches since the promo is only for 2 days.

Visit their website for other gelato choices: Caramia.ph 

No comments:

Post a Comment