Pages - Menu

Friday, June 7, 2013

Gastronomical Birthday -- Wee Nam Kee and TWG (Glorietta 1 and Greenbelt 5)

Another year for my "cheffy" sister.  Meaning, another culinary adventure for both of us. My sister invited me to tag along with her after work and have lunch together. June 6, 2013 -- to be precise lol

Since she knew that I love food and I always look for something new, she suggested to take our lunch at Wee Nam Kee.  




Great interiors, cozy ambiance and awesome food! No wonder she recommended this restaurant to me. 
.






Referring to food, we ordered the cheapest meal they offer. Roasted Hainanese Chicken and Steamed Hainanese Chicken (169php/each)


Roasted Hainanese Chicken

Steamed Hainanese Chicken

The meal was served with rice, and condiments. My sister taught me how to create the sauce. You need to first put the Hoisin sauce then the ginger and if you want some heat, add some chili :) 



We didn't stay long since it was a light lunch and I got a plan to treat her somewhere special. We ordered a glass of iced tea which my sister enjoyed. She said it tasted special and she is thinking that they used cane sugar or brown sugar to sweeten it. 




Wee Nam Kee is located at G/F Glorietta 1 Palm Drive just beside Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf

After an awesome lunch, she decided to have it my way. I've been planning to visit the tea shop since it first opened in Greenbelt 5. I was excited for her to see it cause she is a tea lover and for me, I'm a crazy coffee addict.

So for our dessert, I treat her to TWG Tea Salon and Boutique. They got 2 branches here in the Philippines; one is at Newport Mall at Resorts World and Greenbelt 5 which we visited yesterday. 








TWG originated from Singapore. Known as The Wellness Group, TWG serves tea in a royal manner. I didn't expect that the place was grand and I was treated like a princess (something I like hehe)

Since I'm not familiar with ALL kinds of teas, the waiter provided us a tea book to at least give us an overview of what they offer. 





Since its my sister's birthday, we ordered T6006 or what we call Happy Birthday Tea. Yes! there is a Happy Birthday Tea. You can check it in their link http://www.twgtea.com/TCLoose-Blends.php


Happy Birthday Tea 195php

Tea was served in a golden pot together with 2 small tea cups elegantly designed for TWG. We also ordered some muffins and it compliments the type of tea we chose. 


Muffins 150php 2pcs




Even the muffins are elegantly served. I can stay here for long! Indeed a great place to relax and to take a time off from stress by having a good cup of tea. 

A must try and highly recommended. If you love chic places, royal service, awesome dessert and wonderful cup of tea, this place is for you. 



Wee Nam Kee 
official webpage: www.wnk.com.sg/
G/F Glorietta 1, Palm Drive
Ayala Center, Makati
(02) 478-8477


TWG Tea Salon and Boutique
official webpage: www.twgtea.com
Greenbelt 5, 1-049, Level 1
Greenbelt 5 Ayala Center,
Makati City
Tel: +632 720 8665, +632 720 8667

No comments:

Post a Comment