Pages - Menu

Friday, June 7, 2013

Lunch at Bowler

Posted on 

It was last year that groupon gave me 250php gift credits to use on their online buying site. Excited to use it, I purchased a 50% deal to Bowler located at Salcedo Village Makati.
Bowler 011513 (10)
Bowler 011513 (9)
You need to make a reservation prior to the visit since the restobar only opens at 11am – 2pm from Mondays to Fridays and 6pm – 2am  during Saturdays.
Ambiance? superb. I really love dim-lit resto for it creates drama in the place. My sister ordered Shepherd’s Pie - Slow simmered ground beef in rich tomato sauce crowned with whipped creamy potatoes. She said that it has red wine (yah I tasted it too ) and the consistency is rich and flavorful
Shepherd's Pie
Shepherd’s Pie
On my end, I ordered Sweet Sausage Pasta - Creamy white sauce pasta topped with sweet sausages and ham. Served with their homemade focaccia bread. I fell in love with this dish. The sauce was not runny and the sausages are the best! I have a sweet tooth and I want my savory dishes be a marriage of salt and sugar. The pasta was al dente, and the bread compliments the dish itself. This could be my reason to revisit this place…hehe
Sweet Sausage Pasta
Sweet Sausage Pasta
Lastly, we ordered Clams in White Wine for my mom - Ocean fresh clams saute in shivered garlic, English butter and white wine. Served with homemade focaccia bread.  I wasn’t able to taste it but my mom was happy eating it. It was light and not “nakakaumay” as she said it. Serving portions are large so it is still within the budget. I cannot comment regarding the service since it was the last day of the voucher and alot of people reserved their tables. For me, although it was a busy lunch, we are still accommodated nicely by their staff. Of course you need to arrive early for your reserved table as courtesy as well :D
Clams in White Wine
Clams in White Wine
The whole experience was great. In my opinion, I can give this resto 8 out of 10 stars for the food. I cant get over that pasta! hahaha I’ll try a different dish next time I visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment